It's camera bags that we became famous for. They are notable for being handmade in England with 3-layer canvas or 3-layer FibreNyte that is impervious to water - they also feature top-grain leather and solid brass.
Here is a selection of good starting points...
A little bigger than the 'Hadley Digital'. It has room for a mid-sized DSLR and a couple of small-to-medium lenses (even more for small mirrorless or Leica M gear). The luggage strap on the back is particularly useful while travelling. The padded insert is removable to let you turn the bag into a casual bag in seconds.
Don't need the top-handle or luggage strap? Check out the Hadley Small. It's a favourite of many street photographers as it's so discrete.
Our best selling bag. Exactly the same as the 'Hadley Small Pro' - just bigger. This makes carrying 3-4 small-to-medium lenses with a DSLR camera realistic. Also the extra height lets you store a 70-200mm lens (most are approx 200mm (7⅞") long). Again it features a luggage strap on the back and removable camera insert.
If you need to attach the 70-200mm lens to the camera look at the 'Hadley Large' or 'Hadley Large Pro' instead.
A little bigger in all dimensions than the 'Hadley Pro 2020'. It features a padded 13" laptop slip at the back. The padded camera insert fills half the bag - leaving the other half free for sandwiches etc! A full size insert can be purchased that makes carrying a DSLR with a battery or vertical grip more feasible than with the bags listed above).
A favourite among many photographers with many examples having lasted 30+ years. It's main compartment is 305mm (12") long and 150mm (6") wide. The larger '335', '445' and '555' increase the length and the height of the bag. The front pocket can store an 11" iPad, larger versions can store laptops.
The '555' is the largest bag we make.
Made from the same 3-layer fabrics, top-grain leather and solid brass as our camera bags this luxury luggage is great for a work trip or a short-break.
The ideal accompanyment to your Billingham purchase.
Most of our larger bags include these as standard. Our smaller ones do not but they can assist greatly in increasing comfort when the bag is heavily packed. Compatibility table on product page.
Small dividers sold individually. The '15-15' size is particularly useful in the 225, 335, 445, 555, 207, 307 and 550 bags. This is due to it reaching front-to-back inside these bags (as they are all 150mm front to back inside the main compartment) making them good for dividing up the space inside. They can attach to each other for more complex arrangements.
I'm still stuck on choosing, any extra advice?
Yes. Here are some key points (with some of them we have assumed the person reading might not be the person who owns the camera so please forgive any oversimplifications):
- For cameras that have detachable lenses - the number and size of those lenses is far more important than the model of camera when considering what bag to select. The more you aim for the smallest bag possible the more careful you'll need to be to read the sizing specs.
- Most of our bags are flexible - the 'Hadley' bags especially are very flexible front to back (allowing you to store set-ups larger than the specs suggest). For the example the 'Hadley Pro 2020' has an internal depth of 80mm front to back - the Canon 5D is 113mm tall so it should be impossible to insert lens-down into the bag BUT really it fits VERY easily. The bag flexes to accept the size. On the product pages for our most flexible bags we have included advice about how much you can reasonably expect them to flex.
- Remember if you are struggling you can contact us for advice. If you can let us know which lenses you need to carry (or at least their size in mm, cm or inches) that will be a big help to us giving you advice. It's natural to have to spend 10-25 minutes to choose the right bag but if you have to spend hours then you probably just need to ask!.
- DSLR cameras literally have little mirrors inside that move to allow the photograph to be taken. When we say 'mirrorless' cameras we just mean cameras that don't that mirror inside - usually meaning they are at least a little smaller (but not always). So these terms are just generalisations to help people understand quickly. 'Leica M' cameras also mentioned in this article are a pretty consistent size - approx W140 x D40 x H80 mm (W5.50 x D1.50 x H3.20″) the lens will add to the 'D' measurement though.
- Battery grips can be added to the bottom of cameras to give them better battery life - this does affect what bags they can fit inside though as it makes them much bigger.
- If you need a starting point look at the 'Hadley Pro 2020' then decide if you need to go bigger or smaller from there. It's small enough for small set-ups and big-enough for big(ish) set-ups - that sweet spot has made it (and it's predecessors) our best selling bag for years.
Where can I see the bags in person?
There are lots of retailers who stock our bags. Remember very few retailers will stock the full range and some might be closed due to Covid so always ring ahead before travelling. Find stores here.
Do you ship all over the world?
Yes we ship to almost every country. You can find more info here.
Will I get charged duties or taxes on delivery?
Orders ship from our factory in England. Therefore if you are in the UK or Hong Kong you won't get charged duties or taxes. USA customers won't get charged as long as they keep their order value under about $800 USD. Other countries may get charged - you can find more info at the bottom of our delivery page here.
If I choose the wrong bag can I return it?
If you buy the bag from this website yes. You'll need to return the bag unused, in perfect condition and with tags attached. You have 14 days after delivery to send the bag back. Read our returns policy here.