Hadley Pro 2020 Camera Bag
All prices in British Pounds (GBP)Model Number: 505133-70
- Upgraded version of the 'Hadley Pro' - our best-selling bag ever.
- Improved top handle with leather underside for extra comfort.
- Luggage trolley retainer strap added to the back of the bag for added convenience while travelling.
- Removable, adjustable shoulder sling.
- Weather-proof zipper on the back pocket to stow and protect important documents.
- Removable padded insert to turn the bag from a camera bag to a casual bag in seconds.
- QRS front straps – quick and secure one-handed opening and closing (no need to use the buckles)
- Constructed from a choice of 3-layer waterproof canvas or 3-layer waterproof FibreNyte material – both fabrics include a butyl rubber core that is impermeable to water.
- Real full grain leather and brass fixings
- Adjustable front pockets.
- Fits most DSLRs (without a battery grip) or almost any mirrorless camera – and 2-3 small to medium sized lenses with accessories (will fit most 70-200mm lenses).
- Special 'HP 2020' label sewn into seam by 'Billingham' label to distinguish it more easily from the 'Hadley Pro' (same size) and 'Hadley Small Pro' (a little smaller) and 'Hadley One' (a little bigger).
- Strong leather side patches for mounting of optional AVEA 7 & AVEA 8 end pockets.
- 5 year manufacturers guarantee.
- Made in England.
- Get 10% off a Shoulder Pad when bought at same time as this bag using code 'KITBONUS'.
- Free Billingham Leather Keyfob when you purchase the bag from this website before Friday 20th December. See more information here.
- See Christmas/New Year Delivery information here.
The 'Hadley Pro 2020' is an upgraded version of the classic 'Hadley Pro' (which is still in production) - our best-selling camera bag ever. As such it features several notable improvements over its predecessor.
To start, the top handle on the 'Hadley Pro' features fibreglass reinforcement to minimise stress on the bag as you lift it. On the 'Hadley Pro 2020' we have kept this and added leather to underside of the handle to make carrying the bag more comfortable. We have also upgraded the shoulder sling - made from rugged shuttle woven spun polyester – to be fully removable. The sling can be used ‘on the shoulder’ or across the body for security, and its length can be adjusted to fit.
On the back of the bag we have added a much requested feature - a luggage trolley retainer strap to aid while travelling. Additionally the zipped pocket on the reverse of the bag now features an upgraded weather-proof zipper compared to the Hadley Pro - making it even better for storing passports, travel documents and maps.
As well as these upgrades, Hadley Pro 2020 retains all the qualities that made the 'Hadley Pro' a classic. Adaptable to each photographer’s needs, the Hadley Pro 2020 comes with a removable padded insert (with a padded lid) made from fabric-covered foam that protects the contents within on all six sides. By removing this insert, the Hadley Pro 2020 can be transformed into a casual messenger bag in seconds. The padded insert is exactly the same size as the one in the existing Hadley Pro.
Inside the padded insert, we have supplied four removable, repositionable foam dividers to keep equipment and accessories fully organised – these comprise two vertical dividers and two small hinged dividers, perfect for stacking lenses.
Safeguarding valuable equipment from the elements, the main top flap of the Hadley Pro 2020 is sculpted around the opening to prevent rain, snow or unwanted fingers getting into the bag, making it the perfect accessory for street photography. Further protection is afforded by Billingham’s purpose-built Canvas or FibreNyte fabric, which includes a core of butyl rubber that is impermeable to water. FibreNyte offers all the benefits and weather-resistance of Billingham Canvas, with the extra advantage of colour fastness and even greater durability. Extremely tough, yet light in weight, neither material ever requires reproofing, both maintaining their waterproof properties throughout the life of the bag.
The bag easily fits most DSLRs (without a battery grip) or almost any mirrorless camera – and 2-3 small to medium sized lenses with accessories. There is the height inside to hold most Canon or Nikon 70-200mm lenses vertically if you don't store them attached to the camera. Expandable when required, the capacity of the Hadley Pro 2020 can be increased and customised with the addition of optional Billingham AVEA 7 or AVEA 8 pockets, which fasten securely to the leather side panels to protect crucial accessories.
For ease of access, the Hadley Pro 2020 incorporates front straps with Billingham’s proprietary Quick Release System (QRS), allowing the bag to be opened and closed with one hand quickly and securely when required. At the bottom of the front straps are solid brass buckles – adjusting these allows you to alter the capacity of the front pockets (you don’t have to use them to open and close the bag). The QRS front straps are now unstitched for a cleaner look that matches the 'Hadley Small Pro' and 'Hadley One' - however stitched versions (same shape and size) can be purchased separately for a more traditional look.
Just like the iconic ‘Hadley Pro’, the bag's strongest feature is probably that it doesn't look like a camera bag - allowing you to travel discretely in urban and rural areas alike. Of course, like all our camera bags, it is made in England and backed by our 5 year manufacturers guarantee.
The Hadley Pro 2020 Bag with its removable padded insert and dividers.
W430mm (17") x D160mm (6⅜") x H240mm (9⅜") (excluding top handle)
W430mm (17") x D160mm (6⅜") x H280mm (11") (including top handle)
Internal Dimensions (Main compartment):
W340mm (13⅜") x D80mm (3⅛") x H210mm (8¼")
Please note this insert is flexible - especially front to back. It's one of the best things about the bag! Therefore it can fit items slightly larger than the dimensions suggest - inside it could comfortably bow out to a 'D' measurement of 100mm (3⅞") at the bottom and 120mm (4¾") at the top (at the centre), at a stretch it can go out to 160mm (6⅜").
The top flap of the insert is also flexible so you can put in items slightly taller if you need to.
6.00 litres (0.21 feet³)
1.2 kgs (2.7 lbs)
3 in total
Front 'dump' pockets (x2):
Dimensions: W130 to 170mm (5⅛" to 6¾") x D40 to 60mm (1½" to 2⅜") x H200mm (7⅞")
Capacity: 1 to 1.25 litres (0.03 feet³ to 0.04 feet³)
Rear zipped pocket: W320mm (12⅝") x D Nominal x H180mm (7")
Shoulder Sling Measurements
Length: can be adjusted between 1000mm (39⅜") to 1700mm (67"") approx.
Width: 38mm (1½").
Weight: 0.16kg (0.35 lbs)
Colour of Internal Lining
|Colour of Outside of Bag||Colour of Inside Lining|
|Khaki Canvas / Tan Leather||Olive|
|Khaki FibreNyte / Chocolate Leather||Olive|
|Sage FibreNyte / Chocolate Leather||Olive|
|Black Canvas / Tan Leather||Olive|
|Black FibreNyte / Black Leather||Olive|
|Burgundy Canvas / Chocolate Leather||Chocolate|
- Hadley Pro Removable Insert
- Hadley Pro Divider Set which consists of 2 x Horizontal flap and 2 x Vertical Dividers
- Hadley 'Standard' Front Straps (Unstitched)
- Drawstring Bag 'Size B'
(these are also available as additional or replacement items)
QiMaGo (German) - https://www.qimago.de/billingham-hadley-pro-2020/
What is the difference between this bag and the 'Hadley Pro'?
The main differences are as follows:
- This bag has a leather covering on the underneath of the top-handle to make it more comfortable to carry for long periods.
- The shoulder sling on the bag is removable by the user - helpful if you don't always need it attached. This also means that it can be replaced more easily in future or swapped out for a different one.
- The zipper on the back pocket has been replaced with an even more weatherproof version (similar to the one on the 'Hadley Small Pro'. Users of the 'Hadley Pro' should note this results in the back pocket being slightly less tall.
- The front straps have been replaced with ones that don't feature stitching for a cleaner look. Of course the stitched ones will fit if you'd like to put those on instead.
What is the difference between this bag and the Hadley Small Pro?
There are only two differences:
- The 'Hadley Pro 2020' is bigger than the 'Hadley Small Pro'.
- This bag has a 'HP2020' label sewn into the seam by the 'Billingham' label so that you can tell it apart in photos and when you see it in shops.
Is the bag bigger or smaller than the Hadley Pro?
The 'Hadley Pro 2020' has exactly the same capacity as the 'Hadley Pro'. You can fit the same amount/size of gear inside.
There are only two differences in terms of size. Firstly the fixings for the shoulder sling make the 'Hadley Pro 2020' slightly longer on the outside end-to-end (most people won't notice any difference). Second, the improved weatherproof zip on the back of the bag required a slight change of design - making the back pocket slightly smaller (again most people won't notice the difference).
Does this bag hold a 13 inch MacBook?
Yes it does, however it would have to go between the padded insert and the outside of the bag - so it wouldn't be very well protected. Also it would push at the corners of the bag which might cause premature wear - so if you did use the bag for this it would be sensible to go with a FibreNyte version of the bag as this is more resistant to wear.
The Hadley One has a dedicated, padded 13 inch laptop slip. So if you need to carry a 13 inch laptop that might be a better option for you.
The front to back internal measurement is only 80mm but you say it will fit a DSLR with lens attached? How does that work?
The bag is very flexible! At the bottom of the bag it can easily expand out to a 100mm front to back measurement, and at the top 120mm is a comfortable amount with 160mm being do-able if you need it to. So this easily covers most DSLRs inserted lens-down so long as you haven't attached a battery grip. By this standard the Canon 5D, Canon 6D, Canon 7D, Canon 80D, Nikon D750, Nikon D810, Nikon D850 and Nikon DF will fit just fine with 2 or 3 lenses.
The Canon 1DX, Nikon D5 or any DSLR (the ones with mirrors in) with a battery grip attached will be a struggle to fit in lens down - for those we would probably recommend something like a Hadley One (with the optional full size insert, a Hadley Large Pro or our 5-series and 7-series bags such as 207, 335 etc.
Does this bag need re-proofing to keep it waterproof?
No. The fabric is made of 3 layers - the middle layer is butyl rubber. Water cannot pass through this butyl rubber layer. As long as you don't get a hole in the fabric or expose it to harsh chemicals (for example in a washing machine) the fabric should remain waterproof for many years. There is no need to apply re-proofing.
What is the difference between 'Canvas' and 'FibreNyte'?
In simple terms ‘Canvas’ or ‘FibreNyte’ refers to top layer of fabric on our bags – the facecloth.
‘Canvas’ is a mix of cotton and polyester. ‘FibreNyte’ refers to our face fabric that is completely synthetic. Canvas is hard wearing, FibreNyte is very hard wearing.
Both fabrics are bonded to a non-wicking polyester backing fabric with a middle layer butyl rubber – this rubber layer makes both fabrics equally (and very) waterproof. Water can’t get through that rubber layer.
Both fabrics have a similar weave - the FibreNyte looks similar to canvas. Canvas is slightly softer to the touch, FibreNyte is slightly rougher to the touch.
People tend to choose Canvas if they want the bag to age gracefully and look vintage over time. This is particularly true of people who chose our ‘Khaki Canvas’ fabric as this looks particularly lovely as it ages.
People tend to choose FibreNyte if they want the bag to look newer for longer or if they are particularly hard on their gear - for example by carrying the bag to work with them every day, doing a lot of hiking or filling it particularly full. If you are buying a black bag it’s particularly worth considering FibreNyte as it will stay looking blacker longer. Also Sage FibreNyte is particularly attractive as a colour – it’s probably the most popular colour among our staff!
Do I need a shoulder pad for this bag?
The shoulder pad isn't essential but can stop the strap from digging into your shoulder if you carrying heavy equipment inside the bag or carrying it for long periods. It can also reduce the chances of the bag slipping off your shoulder if you don't wear it across the body. Remember only the 'SP15' and 'SP40' sizes fit this bag. Buying a shoulder pad at the same time as bag will save the postage cost of buying it separately later.