The Photography Show 2017
Posted on March 23 2017
Its been a big year for Billingham - so we had a lot to show at The Photography Show. Read below to find out more...
The Photography Show is always a great chance to see the latest camera gear, talks by notable photographers etc. However this year it was also a fantastic chance to see us as we ran our own stand there for the first time in a few years and bought 4 great new products to show. Below is a picture of our stand for those who didn’t get to visit us at the show:
If you came to our stand, it was the perfect opportunity to see our new ranges. So far this year, we have had four product releases:
The Hadley One Our best selling product at the show - the Hadley One on the surface looks similar to the Hadley Pro but has several key differences that should make it a better fit for a lot of people:
- A dedicated padded compartment for a 13 inch laptop (or tablet) that stays inside the bag, even when the padded camera insert is removed.
- New shoulder sling that is both wider (by half an inch) and removable.
- Rear pocket with rainproof zip and leather covering.
- Leather on the underside of the handle to make carrying it for long periods easier on your hands.
- Full height, half length removable padded insert to store camera gear in. A second insert can be added in the bag for more camera gear (there are other options too).
- Slightly larger in size than the Hadley Pro.
The bag was only available from our UK retailers after the show. From the 1st July 2017 it will be available on our website and from retailers all over the world. Find out more: here
The Thomas Briefcase
Also launched a couple of weeks before the show was the 'Thomas Briefcase'. The Thomas is a non-photographic product - with its padded walls its perfect to store a 15" laptop or A4, foolscap or legal size documents. Its features include:
- Padded body made with fabric covered closed cell foam to protect your laptop or tablet.
- Hand-made leather handles.
- Removable umbrella straps.
- Removable, adjustable shoulder sling.
- Two front pockets, external full length rear pocket and internal full length pocket inside the main compartment.
You can find our more here
The Overnighter and Weekender
The Overnighter and Weekender are again non-photographic products - duffle bags, ideal for a night or weekend away. Their features include:
- Hand made, reinforced leather handles.
- Removable and adjustable shoulder sling.
- Interior net pocket to stow smaller items.
- Fits most airline's cabin baggage dimensions.
The Sewing Machine
As the centrepiece of our stand we had our first sewing machine. It was bought second hand by Ros and Martin Billingham, who then used it construct the company's first bags. Years later it fell out of use so the staff snook it out the factory, paid for it to be restored, and then presented it back to Ros and Martin to celebrate the company's 25 anniversary. Here it is next to the new Hadley One bag...
Before the show we ran a competition to feature on our screen at the show - the best photo to win a Billingham bag. The winner selected was Clayton Jayne with this beautiful photo...
He chose the Billingham 445 bag. This is Clayton collecting his prize:
We also had some surprise guests show up on the stand:
And because TPS was next to Comic Con we had imperial protection...
Thank you to everyone who visited us at the show, blogged, vlogged, tweeted or entered our #BillinghamScreen competition! You made the weekend a really great experience!
You can view our range of bags here: View Our Photographic Range