Hadley Original Camera Bag
All prices in British Pounds (GBP)Model Number: 502733-70
- One of our all time classic camera bags - now replaced by the 'Hadley Pro'.
- Uses the same shoulder pads, padded inserts and front straps as the Hadley Pro bag. Don't mistake it for a 'Hadley Small' just because it doesn't have a top handle!
- Removable padded insert to turn the bag from a camera bag to a casual bag.
- Fabric bonded to StormBlock butyl rubber for the ultimate in weather resistance.
- Real full grain leather and brass fixings
- Adjustable front pockets.
- Made in England
The Hadley Original (we just called it the 'Photo Hadley' and then 'Hadley' back then) is one of our all time classic bags - a messenger style camera bag with a removable padded insert to store your camera gear.
We replaced the Hadley Original with the Hadley Pro which features a top handle, side patches to which you can attach 'AVEA' side pockets and a pocket on the bag of the bag. We no longer make the Hadley Original.
X-ray of a Billingham Hadley Original Camera Bag. Yes its a real X-ray!
Over the years there were many slight styling changes to this bag, significant ones include:
- Early versions had the dividers sewn into the removable padded insert, later versions came with removable, repositionable dividers that attached with Velcro®. If you have sewn in dividers in your insert you can upgrade your bag with a padded insert with removable dividers by buying it here. Nowadays we make the insert with a more advanced and long lasting type of padding foam than was available to us when most Hadley Original bags were made.
- We changed the shape of the 'clogball' brass studs that you use to close the bag from 'spheres' to a flatter round shape and changed the front straps to be compatible with the new clogball. If buying new front straps make sure you buy the correct kind for your clogball.