We offer a repairs service for Billingham bags that need this. Depending on circumstances these repairs might be covered for free under the 5 year manufacturer's guarantee or be chargeable.
If you feel that your bag has a problem that should be repaired for free, or if you would like a quote on a paid repair please send us:
- Details of the problem.
- Photos of the whole bag.
- Close-up photos of problem areas.
- If looking for a repair under our manufacturer's guarantee please also provide proof of purchase and details of the 'UI' serial number.
Examples of repairs that can be carried out are (this isn't a complete list - and of course it is rare our bags need repairing!):
- Replacement of shoulder sling.
- Replacement of leather area where this has become damaged.
- Place leather patch over worn out area of a bag.
- Replacement of broken press studs.
- Upgrade of the inside of an old 5-Series or F-Stop bag to almost match the inside of a current bag.
Of course some issues don't usually require the bag to be sent to us such as:
- Replacement clogballs (we can usually send these out for free in the unlikely event that they fall off).
- Replacement shoulder pads can be easily purchased here.
- Replacement SuperFlex Dividers can be purchased here (please check the sizes in the table on that page carefully as some of the new sizes have similar names to old sizes - but are slightly different).
- Replacement padded inserts can be purchased here (please make sure you order the correct size - people sometimes confuse the Hadley Original, Hadley Small and Hadley Large as they look similar in photos).
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer repairs for other brands of bag?
Unfortunately we can only offer repairs on bags made by us.
Where are the bags repaired?
All repairs are carried out by the same people who make the bags - at our factory in England.
Are you able to undertake customisation work? Can I get an alteration made to a bag I already own?
Yes and no - we do offer a limited customisation service but aren't able to carry out all tasks you might wish due to the extra design work needed to carry out customisation to a high quality. You can find details of what we can offer here. We hope to offer further options in future.