Hadley One Camera Bag
£220.83Model Number: 588648-54
- Sized for laptops, tablets and camera gear.
- Internal built in 13 inch Laptop holder.
- Includes half length, full height removable padded insert section for CSC kit or mid-sized DSLR. Leaves half the bag free for non-camera gear (or an optional second insert). A full length insert that would fit larger cameras is an optional extra.
- Re-engineered top handle for increased comfort.
- Fully adjustable and removable shoulder sling.
- Luggage Trolley strap retainer.
- Twin dump pockets on the front.
- Rainproof zip closure on rear document pocket
- Constructed from a choice of 3-layer waterproof canvas or 3-layer waterproof FibreNyte material.
- Get 10% off Shoulder Pads when bought at same time as this bag using code 'KITBONUS'.
- Please check our delivery schedule over Christmas and New Year before ordering from this site. Alternatively find a retailer here.
The Hadley One, one of the latest additions to our product line, is purpose built to take your laptop or tablet device along with a core CSC kit or DSLR body and lens combination.
Slightly larger than the Hadley Pro it features a removable, repositionable padded insert half the length of the bag to store your camera gear. In the remaining half of the bag you can place other personal items or a second insert (optional). Or of course you can take both inserts out or replace them with a different insert completely - such as our optional Full Size Insert (the full size insert also allows carrying of larger cameras such as Canon 1DX or 5D with battery grip lens down).
Another padded section stitched into the back of the main compartment provides space for a 13 inch MacBook Pro (or smaller device such as a tablet).
When we introduced a top handle to the Hadley in the Pro model, our customers loved it. We’ve bettered it continually since then and now we have arrived at a new style, introduced on the Hadley One for the first time. Leather underneath the grip adds a lot of comfort and when the adjustable sling is removed, you can use it all day as a briefcase.
On the rear, side and bottom faces we have added foam padding; not only adding increased protection for the heavier lenses and all-metal bodies that now feature in the CSC and DSLR products, but also your personal items that are carried outside the padded insert. Adding structure; the bag will look great and support everything you put in; whether you fill it or not.
The sides of the bag can fit additional external accessory pockets (coming soon), if you do run out of space. The thick leather they attach to is the same top-grain hide we use across our product line and gives an extremely secure mount for any accessories. The shoulder sling attachment is also riveted through this part and forms a core structure of the bag.
A strap to retain the bag over the handle of a trolley suitcase when traveling was probably our most requested feature and the Hadley One has this provision. You can still access the rear zippered back pocket when it’s mounted on a trolley and the rainproof zip used there keeps the contents dry.
All our products are manufactured at our factory in England; the Hadley One has our 5 year guarantee and is built under our UI serial numbering system; helping us to track the products’ life cycle.
The bag is available in our hardwearing and water resistant canvas material that never needs reproofing, or our even harder wearing (and equally water resistant) FibreNyte fabric.
Hadley One bag with Canon 5D, insert included with the bag and optional second insert.
W410mm (16⅛") x D140mm (5½") x H275mm (11") (excluding top handle)
Without padded insert: W350mm (13¾") x D120mm (4¾") x H250mm (9⅞")
Inside standard half size padded insert: W150mm (6") x D120mm (4¾") x H230mm (9") (INCLUDED)
Inside OPTIONAL full size padded insert: W340mm (13⅜") x D90mm (3½") x H230mm (9") (NOT INCLUDED)
Without padded insert: 8.75 litres (0.31 feet³)
Inside standard half size padded insert: 3.9 litres (0.14 feet³) (INCLUDED)
Inside OPTIONAL full size padded insert: 7.04 litres (0.25 feet³) (NOT INCLUDED)
1.38 kgs (3.04 lbs) (including removable sling and padded insert)
Front 'dump' pockets (x2): W140mm (5½") x D30mm (1¼") to 80mm (3⅛") x H210mm (8¼")
Rear zipped pocket: W330mm (13") x D Nominal x H200mm (7⅞")
Shoulder Sling Measurements
Length: can be adjusted between 950mm (37⅜") and 1630mm (64⅛") approx.
Width: 50mm (2").
- As standard the bag comes with a padded insert about half the length (but the full height) of the bag, a camera can be stored inside this and water bottle etc outside. Alternatives include:
- An extra half size Hadley One insert can be purchased to use two inserts inside the bag.
- A full size Hadley One insert can be purchased.
- A Hadley Pro insert can be used as an alternative for those who want to store more photographic gear than one insert. This is a little smaller than the available space inside the bag.
- The bottom of the bag is deeper (front to back) than the top. So internally it is 100mm deep at the top, but 120mm deep at the bottom.
- H1' Removable shoulder sling (48mm wide)
- Hadley One Standard insert (1/2 length, full height) including one padded divider flap.
- Drawstring bag for storage of the bag when not in use.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A SECOND HADLEY ONE STANDARD INSERT IS NOT INCLUDED. YOU CAN BUY ONE HERE
Amateur Photographer Magazine: http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/review/accessory_reviews/billingham-hadley-one-review-106345
What are the differences between this and the Hadley Pro?
The Hadley One is:
- Slightly larger.
- Has a wider shoulder sling. That sling is also removable.
- There is a special padded 13 inch laptop slip in the Hadley One. The Hadley Pro doesn't have this.
- There is a luggage strap on the back to attach to a trolley suitcase.
- The top handle has a leather lining underneath to make it more comfortable to carry.
- The Hadley One comes with an insert that fills half the bag (instead of the whole bag) to make it easier to carry non-photographic equipment. You can add an optional second half-size insert, or an optional full size insert instead, if you want.
Does this bag fit AVEA pockets?
AVEA 3 pockets don't fit at all. AVEA 5 pockets fit - but quite awkwardly. We would recommend waiting for new specially designed end-pockets for this bag.
Will this bag fit a 15 inch MacBook?
Yes and no! The bag isn't designed to fit them - but the the late 2016 (with Touch Bar) model onwards is just small enough to fit in the the padded laptop slip sewn into the bag.
You should note that because of the extra size it will sit quite high in the bag - therefore it won't be quite as protected as the 13 inch version would be. Also depending how you carry the bag the 15 inch Macbook might rub against the top of the bag slightly causing wear over time that wouldn't be covered under guarantee. Having said that thought lots of customers are using the bag this way - seemingly without any problems.
Older versions of the 15 inch MacBook won't fit at all because they are too big (you can't even squeeze them in!).
Is the padded laptop area removable?
No. The padded laptop area is sewn into the back of the bag - however it is quite slim so doesn't add much bulk or weight. The bag it is not as slim as the Hadley Pro - partly because of the laptop slip and partly because of the extra depth (front to back) that we have allowed for camera gear.
Does this bag need re-proofing to keep it waterproof?
No. The fabric is made of 3 layers - the middle layer is butyl rubber. Water cannot pass through this butyl rubber layer. As long as you don't get a hole in the fabric or expose it to harsh chemicals (for example in a washing machine) the fabric should remain waterproof for many years. There is no need to apply re-proofing.
What is the difference between 'Canvas' and 'FibreNyte'?
In simple terms ‘Canvas’ or ‘FibreNyte’ refers to top layer of fabric on our bags – the facecloth.
‘Canvas’ is a mix of cotton and polyester. ‘FibreNyte’ refers to our face fabric that is completely synthetic. Canvas is hard wearing, FibreNyte is very hard wearing.
Both fabrics are bonded to a non-wicking polyester backing fabric with a middle layer butyl rubber – this rubber layer makes both fabrics equally (and very) waterproof. Water can’t get through that rubber layer.
Both fabrics have a similar weave - the FibreNyte looks similar to canvas. Canvas is slightly softer to the touch, FibreNyte is slightly rougher to the touch.
People tend to choose Canvas if they want the bag to age gracefully and look vintage over time. This is particularly true of people who chose our ‘Khaki Canvas’ fabric as this looks particularly lovely as it ages.
People tend to choose FibreNyte if they want the bag to look newer for longer or if they are particularly hard on their gear - for example by carrying the bag to work with them every day, doing a lot of hiking or filling it particularly full. If you are buying a black bag it’s particularly worth considering FibreNyte as it will stay looking blacker longer. Also Sage FibreNyte is particularly attractive as a colour – it’s probably the most popular colour among our staff!
We ship all over the world by UPS. Find out more here: Delivery Information