L2 Camera Bag
£150.00Model Number: 501733-70
- Space for 1 DSLR and maybe spare lens or 2 rangefinders with spare lenses.
- Deep front dump pocket
- Constructed from a choice of 3-layer waterproof canvas or 3-layer FibreNyte material.
- Real full grain leather and solid brass fixings.
- Space for iPad Mini in rear of main compartment.
- 5 year manufacturers guarantee.
- Made in England.
- Get 10% off Shoulder Pads when bought at same time as this bag using code 'KITBONUS'.
- Please note this bag is now no longer in active production. However you may buy the colours above that the website will let you while we still have stock. Also you may find a retailer who still has stock. Alternatively we may be able to make the bag for you as a one-off, find more info here.
- Please check our delivery schedule over Christmas and New Year before ordering from this site. Alternatively find a retailer here.
Unique to the L2 is the way its extended sides are integrated into the main flap so that they fold inward when it closes to further protect your gear from the elements. Using the L2 couldn’t be easier - because it has no zips, you simply open the bag using the Quick Release System straps and all your gear is at your fingertips.
The L2 features the main compartment with its integrated padded insert, two further wide internal pockets one at the front and the other at the rear. If you need more space, the L2 has leather side fittings at both ends designed to accept AVEA side pockets.
For added strength, we’ve reinforced the lower sides with more leather and extended it part-way along the underside to provide extra protection and more rigidity. Additionally, as yet another line of defence, brass feet are riveted to the thick leather.
Of course like all our camera bags - whether you chose canvas or FibreNyte - the fabric is bonded to butyl rubber for the ultimate in weather resistance. The bag is also made in England and covered by our 5 year manufacturers guarantee.
W290mm (11½") x D150mm (5⅞") x H220mm (8⅝")
W270mm (10⅝") x D100mm (4") x H150mm (5⅞")
3 litres (0.11 feet³)
0.71 kgs (1.56 lbs)
Full length front slip pocket W240mm (9½") x D40mm (1½") x H170mm (6¾") Capacity 1.5 litres (0.05 feet³) Shoulder Sling Measurements
Length: can be adjusted between 920mm (36¼") to 1480mm (58¼") approx.
Width: 38mm (1½").
What is the difference between 'Canvas' and 'FibreNyte'?
In simple terms ‘Canvas’ or ‘FibreNyte’ refers to top layer of fabric on our bags – the facecloth.
‘Canvas’ is a mix of cotton and polyester. ‘FibreNyte’ refers to our face fabric that is completely synthetic. Canvas is hard wearing, FibreNyte is very hard wearing.
Both fabrics are bonded to a non-wicking polyester backing fabric with a middle layer butyl rubber – this rubber layer makes both fabrics equally (and very) waterproof. Water can’t get through that rubber layer.
Both fabrics have a similar weave - the FibreNyte looks similar to canvas. Canvas is slightly softer to the touch, FibreNyte is slightly rougher to the touch.
People tend to choose Canvas if they want the bag to age gracefully and look vintage over time. This is particularly true of people who chose our ‘Khaki Canvas’ fabric as this looks particularly lovely as it ages.
People tend to choose FibreNyte if they want the bag to look newer for longer or if they are particularly hard on their gear - for example by carrying the bag to work with them every day, doing a lot of hiking or filling it particularly full. If you are buying a black bag it’s particularly worth considering FibreNyte as it will stay looking blacker longer. Also Sage FibreNyte is particularly attractive as a colour – it’s probably the most popular colour among our staff!
We ship all over the world by UPS. Find out more here: Delivery Information