Thomas Briefcase & Laptop Bag
All prices in British Pounds (GBP)Model Number: 583648-54
- Padded main compartment fits most 15 inch laptops (also fits the new MacBook Pro 16").
- Also fits ‘A4’, ‘Letter’ and ‘Foolscap’ size notepads (‘Legal’ should squeeze in too).
- Multiple interior pockets for organising your gear.
- Two front pockets (ideal for mouse or laptop charger etc)
- Rear dump pocket - ideal for maps and magazines.
- Hand finished leather handles.
- Detachable, adjustable Shoulder Sling with solid brass fittings.
- Top grain cow hide and solid brass fittings throughout.
- Constructed with our 3-layer waterproof fabric - canvas or FibreNyte depending on option chosen.
- 5 year manufacturer's guarantee.
- Made in England
- Includes SP40 shoulder pad, umbrella straps and luggage tally in matching leather.
- This product is not available through our normal photographic retailers - however can be bought at Leica Manchester, Selfridges London (Tech Department) and Leica Harrods (London).
- Free Billingham Leather Keyfob when you purchase the bag from this website before Friday 20th December. See more information here.
- See Christmas/New Year Delivery information here.
We have introduced an updated model of our Thomas Briefcase; as part of our new family of Leisure products. Now slightly larger and with padding; it can be used both as a briefcase and to carry laptops or MacBooks up to 15" inches in size (and the new MacBook Pro 16"). It's the perfect companion for the business traveller.
As part of our non-photographic range it has all the details you would expect of a Billingham bag. The use of genuine top-grain leather on the base adds protection and structure; on the handles it adds comfort and longevity. The removable umbrella straps on the front of the bag also use this leather; the same as our popular photographic products.
The ‘ClogBalls’ securing the front pockets and shoulder sling hardware are all made of solid brass for strength and durability. Some of our brass is turned, some of it is pressed and some of it is cast; depending on the job and specifications we require.
The bag is made with our 3-layer fabric - canvas on the Burgundy version or FibreNyte on the other colours. Whichever colour you choose the fabric never needs reproofing due to its middle layer of butyl rubber which is impermeable to water.
Inside the main compartment are three deep pockets - two at the front are open to drop small documents in quickly (map, diaries, sunglasses), the rear one is the full length of the bag and closes by a zip for those things you can't afford to misplace; such as passports, travel insurance documents and keys. The zip on the full-length internal pocket is covered by a flap to improve the look of the inside of the bag and ensure that it doesn't rub against your computer.
Outside of the bag are three more pockets - two dump pockets on the front are perfect for things like a mouse or electrical plug. The one on the back is open and runs the width of the bag - ideal for a magazine or newspaper. We have included our leather luggage tally.
On the top of the bag the nylon zip prevents scratches to your device while the long brass zip pulls help you find the puller in a hurry. On the sides of the bag are the strong brass fixings for the removable shoulder sling, we have also included removable SP40 shoulder pad to make carrying the bag on the shoulder more comfortable.
Finally, this bag is made in Cradley Heath, England on the same production line and by the same staff as our famous camera bags and covered by the same 5 year manufacturer's guarantee.
The Billingham Thomas Briefcase with Balios Umbrella attached (not included)
W410mm (16⅛") x D90mm (3½") x H310mm (12¼")
W380mm (15") x D60mm (2⅜") x H280mm (11")
6.3litres (0.22 feet³)
0.97kgs (2.14 lbs)
(excluding detachable shoulder sling - 1.12kg (2.47 lbs) including sling)
Front ‘dump’ pockets (x2): W140mm (5½") x H220mm (8⅝") each
Rear zippered pocket: W370mm (14½") x 210mm (8½")
Internal Pocket Interior Dimensions: 210mm (8½") x 340mm (13⅜")
Shoulder Sling Measurements
Length: can be adjusted between 940mm (37") to 1640mm (64½") approx.
Width: 38mm (1½").
Can the umbrella straps on the front be removed?
Yes they can, just unbuckle them then slide them out!
Is the shoulder sling removable?
Yes it is!
Is the main compartment padded for a laptop?
Yes it is. You don't need any extra sleeve unless you are putting other items in the same compartment that might scratch your laptop.
Can you fit a paper notepad inside?
Yes - 'A4', 'US Letter' and 'Foolscap' should fit easily. 'US Legal' size might push against the ends of the bag very slightly though.
You have an umbrella shown in some of your photos. Who makes that umbrella?
The umbrella is made a company called 'Balios Umbrellas'. You can find their website here: http://www.baliosumbrellas.com/
Does this bag fit the new MacBook Pro 16 inch?
Yes - easily!